Position: Economic Research Assistant
Rate of Pay: $20.00/hour
Hours of Work: 35/week
Position Start Date: May 1, 2018
Duration of Contract: 16 weeks
DPAC is currently looking for an Economic Research Assistant to help with research projects and the preparation of economic analyses on emerging trends in the dairy industry both in Canada and abroad. Working with the Chief Operating Officer, the Economic Research Assistant will develop statistical analysis and projections to inform and support DPAC policy development.
- Obtaining, processing and standardizing relevant data from primary data sources
- Working with DPAC economists to develop datasets to inform and support policy development
- Providing input into reports for use in briefings, presentations, and publications
- Participating in the development of economic study plans
- Other related duties as assigned
- Currently completing a degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Public Policy or Mathematics and intending to return to full-time studies in the coming school year
- Knowledge of developing and utilizing spreadsheets
- Knowledge of trade agreements and trade negotiations is an asset (WTO, NAFTA, etc.)
- Knowledge of the dairy industry in Canada and abroad is an asset
- Experience in coordinating projects, conducting research, and writing
- Ability to write and communicate in both official languages is an asset
- Flexibility to respond to shifting priorities and last-minute requests, ability to self-manage
- Self-starter, shows initiative and entrepreneurial spirit
- A positive attitude and ability to work independently
Please send your CV and with a covering note outlining your interest in the position to Andrea Genereaux via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 30, 2018. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
DPAC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
About the Dairy Processors Association of Canada