The Dairy Processors Association of Canada (DPAC) is the national industry association representing the public policy and regulatory interests of the Canadian dairy processing industry. DPAC’s mission is to provide leadership and expertise to create a thriving Canadian dairy industry that is sustainable and focused on the needs of Canadian consumers. To do this we advocate for public policy and regulatory initiatives that create an environment that encourages investment and innovation in both today’s dairy industry and that of the future.
DPAC is proud of our members and the delicious and nutritious products they make. We work with government, farmers and other stakeholders to modernize our supply management system and address the key roadblocks which stand in the way of Canada being a place where dairy processors can confidently invest, innovate, and grow. Currently, this work is focused on:
- Holding the government accountable for its commitments to compensate dairy processors impacted by trade agreements like CETA, CPTPP and CUSMA.
- Advocating for a Grocery Code of Conduct to address the unfair practices of Canada’s largest retailers.
- Ensuring that government healthy eating initiatives recognize the important role that dairy plays in healthy Canadian diets.
The work that we do at DPAC is driven by its vision of a thriving Canadian dairy industry that is trusted by consumers.
A thriving Canadian dairy industry, trusted by consumers.
As the leading expert-based organization representing Canadian dairy processors, we work to provide leadership and advocate for a consumer-focused, sustainable dairy industry through trust-based partnerships.
- Dairy knowledge and expertise
- Trust-based partnership and collaboration
- Inclusivity and respect for diversity
- Responsiveness to the consumer
- Responsible advocacy leadership
- Ethics, integrity and professionalism